Saturday, February 20, 2010

Not Sure What To Say Here....Just Watch

So I bet a bunch, if not all of you, are waiting for me to write some introspective piece about the human voice and how it's all we really need to make a song into a piece of legitimate art. How the art of simply vocalizing is far more powerful than singing actual lyrics; how our voice is the true form of our contemplative self or something. Challenge. Nothing could be further from the truth in 99% of cases. Unless you're Bobby McFerrin, please, STOP "scatting"...especially if you're a creepy Russian in a late 70s/ early 80's American Bandstand/ Soul Train looking performance filmed in the heart of Communist Russia. All this dude does is say "la la" and "ya ya" awkwardly while popping in and out of the camera shot. This was disturbing and actually made me debate changing my entire perspective on music. Then again, this guy's perspective on music is to sound as close as possible to a russian Tickle Me Elmo doll after drinking too many Red Bulls while getting Botox, so I think I'm alright. Look at those cheeks. It's like Joan Rivers' twin. Hold your loved one(s) after this.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment