Thursday, February 18, 2010

David Sides : "Halo" (Beyonce)

Do I still need to praise the piano? I mean, seriously. Let's just let David Sides show you what I've been talking about this whole time. Music is made up of two cornerstones...the melody (vocals, the part we all hum to) and the rhythm (background-make-my-feet-move-stuff). Together, these cornerstones support the building structure which we all call the "song." I have an idea, why don't you play both the rhythm and melody at the same time and I'll shut up and go have a beer. Thanks, David Sides.

This guy has like 100 videos on YouTube, covering everything from Coldplay to Kanye...interpretation at it's finest. Reminds me of Stevie Ray Vaughan's version of Jimi Hendrix' "Little Wing." No need to sing when the instrument does it for you.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment