Friday, March 5, 2010

Allagash White: Damn Tasty

Allagash White. I treated myself to a few of these puppies last night while playing Golden Tee with my good buddy, Todd Yeager. Yeager shouldn't be confused with Jagermeister, but rest assured that Todd himself provides equal excitement, but a worse hangover.

Allagash is New England's only Belgian Brewing Company. These guys are based up in Maine and, well, the beers gives you a taste of Maine, but with clogs on. It's got some cool coriander flavors and all I can say is..."after taste!" You take a sip and you're impressed; there's no doubt that it tastes good, but hot damn! About 20 seconds later your taste buds are doing the running man and there's a party in your mouth. What a beer. I mean seriously, a fantastic beer.

It's the only interactive beer that I've ever had, and by that I mean this. If you order it in a bottle, there are directions and diagrams on the side that say what you need to do with this beer when you pour it. Who doesn't like directions, except ALL men. We just like to do things, build things, cook things, and hope it ends up right. We don't read directions or take directions, c'mon. Well, we need to follow directions this time. You pour the beer into a pint glass; easy enough fellas, right? The next diagram shows that you need to take the empty bottle and spin it a bit, as if you were mixing a martini with one hand. Apparently the yeast from the beer hanging out in the bottle for so long builds up into this FF. FF is "flavor foam" to the laymen, and yes I did just make that up. Then, you pour said FF into the pint glass on top of the previously poured beer and drink it. I almost fell off my chair (not drunk) when I tasted this.

Go buy Allagash White. Trust me. You'll thank me later over some Advil and a good story, but either way it'll be a fun one.

They have a ton of flavors. Check them out @ www.allagash.com

Cheers,
KB

No comments:

Post a Comment