Thursday, December 23, 2010

3 Month's, No Posts / James Vincent McMorrow

I took a small, involuntary hiatus from blogging for some reason. I have no clue why. I left Citysearch and started a new job working for the Gilt Groupe, specifically Gilt City up here in Boston. Really cool site, inventor of the flash sale model, and one of the top start-ups in the online world. Maybe that's an excuse? Sure, I've been a lot busier, but I'm not sure that's the reason.

Wedding planning? Eh, we've pretty much nailed everything down from venues to menus, and music and booze. Everything has fallen into place nicely, so, still not an excuse to get away from writing.

Sometimes your passions get away from you and we lose a small piece of ourselves over time. Whether the guitar is sitting in the corner collecting dust, or your running shoes smell like roses, we all know that a piece is missing and we miss that void, however it's hard to get back into the swing of things. Writing a blog is simple. You sit down and start typing. Maybe I haven't been too moved by the music I've heard since my last post. Maybe I'm just bored of the music that I'm currently listening to? I don't think so. If anything, I've found even MORE artists that I want to share with people, artists that have made these new chapter transitions in my life a bit easier.

With all that said, blogs are simply logs of our thoughts, feelings, and happenings. You log your days, your nights, your new itunes purchases, and your last concerts. Sometimes, you even ramble about tasty beers you've tried. Not too hard, right? I have no excuse as to where I've been, but I'm back. "My dog ate my blog" isn't gonna work this time.

So, as an apology, please enjoy Ireland's James Vincent McMorrow. James toured with Bell X1, a band I used to work with at Intrigue Music a few years ago. Solid song foundation, Irish singer/ songwriter tunes. James' voice is impeccable. It's like he's whispering and doesn't want everyone to hear, then builds up to make sure you've been listening the entire time.

Cheers. Happy Holidays everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Dark Music from the Irish? Well I never...
    http://mrshuffleupagus.blogspot.com/2011/01/dark-music-from-irish-well-i-never.html
    Love this guy, perfect winter music.

    ReplyDelete