Thursday, April 22, 2010

Orianthi

I first saw Orianthi play guitar for Carrie Underwood at the Grammy's a few years back. I was like, damn, this girl can SHRED a PRS!!  I recently saw an interview with Carlos Santana where he said he was "passing the torch" to Orianthi. If Santana says that, you're good.

She's performed with Steve Vai, Santana, Prince, Carrie Underwood, and most infamously on "This is It" as Michael Jackson's lead guitar player. The girl can shred.

Ironically she's all over the radio right now with a track called "According to You," which is a huge pop hit with a grueling guitar solo in the middle. Trust me, I've tried to figure it out, it's impossible. Her fingers are like hummingbirds. Check her out.

Here's Orianthi showing how she got the gig to be MJ's guitar player on the "This is It" tour with her "Beat It" solo. Damn.  Don't mind Jojo and his amazing kiss-assing of Orianthi.  Sounds like someone has a crush...

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment